Tuesday, October 4, 2011

New Work in Progress...

Say hello to my latest baby:

With each painting, I've tried to get away from heavy referencing. Don't get me wrong, references are awesome, and you're no less of an artist by using them. But when I first started painting digitally, I would... uh... *cough* color pick.

Color picking, for those who don't know, is choosing the exact colors from the reference photo with the eyedropper tool. The pro of doing that is that you get a beautifully colored image that looks very realistic. The con is that if you always do this, you will probably stunt your growth as a painter.

I started color picking so I could get the hang of digital painting without worrying about colors just yet. Now I'm pushing myself to learn more about color by layering colors and studying references. I don't know if that made a whole lot of sense, I'm pretty tired. lol

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers