Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome!

I'm not the bravest person in the world, BUT I've decided to share my art through this blog. ALL of it. And when I say "art", I am using that term very loosely. ;) 

Through Facebook, I share my best works with my friends and family while the... uh... lesser works hide in shame. Occasionally I pull them out and try to better them, but most of the time I look at them and shudder... "What was I thinking????"

Here's the brave part: Those works are coming out of hiding. That's right. Everything I sketch, you get to see. From now on I'm posting all of my artistic musings. The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

Why? Why would I want to share my most hideous, unfinished pieces of nasty-McNastiness? My most craptastic works? Because I want to better myself, and I want to inspire other artists. Kind of sounds wonky, right? 

But when I see a great artist's older, amateur pieces, it gives me hope for myself. And maybe this blog will give hope to others...

Or maybe it will just make someone realize that even on their worst day their art is far better than mine. lol Either way, let's do this!
(By the way, this isn't mine. Just had to say that. Shew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers