Friday, December 2, 2011

Fierce

Two steps forward, one step backward.

I feel like this is a big step forward for me because of how much ad libbing I did. I actually put some effort into a background. lol And I painted a guy which is something I struggle with. 

Of course, I didn't say that I painted the guy well... And the hands are a wreck, but the painting overall-- a satisfactory performance. 

The painting is titled "Fierce" because of the guy's expression. It's kind of an opposites painting. The guy is the darker force who is entranced by this angelic girl and he won't let anyone or thing harm her. He looks kind of possessive-- like she's the first thing he's ever loved. And she's naive-- unaware of the danger.



Reference used from deviantart.com


This was my original sketch:


Here's the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers