Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Another one bites the dust.. I mean, I finished it. ;)

After what felt like years (but was actually only months), I finished this book cover:




The book is about sisters who have the abilities to control fire and water. The author gave me total creative freedom. Although it was totally challenging, it was loads of fun. there are still things I'd like to tweak, but I'm calling it done at present.

And I've been sketching in between projects. I do not claim that these sketches are anything more than sketches--albeit rather ugly ones:



4 comments:

  1. I like the water-girls long curvy hair, nice detail on her shirt too, over all good job, they look so innocent.

    Is the book out in stores, if so, whats the name of the book?

    Also, have you tried doing abstract art? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The book is not in stores. The author is going to submit to publishers and wanted a cover with it. She is very young, and I wish her great success with her writing. :)

      I haven't tried abstract. My mom--who still dabbles in oil paint-- has done some abstract. I don't think I could pull it off.

      Delete
  2. I like the eyes of the girl in the purple themed sketch.

    The sketch above that reminds me of the swamps from "never-ending story" for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love The Neverending Story. Hadn't thought about it like that. :)

      Delete

Followers