Thursday, September 27, 2012

Didn't See That Coming...

I've painted a lot of different things, but I gravitate towards people. I love people! I love the shapes of faces and the way shadows fall. I love how skin can be any color depending on the lighting. I love how expressions are infinite and one little paint stroke can change a smile to a look of wonder.

Okay. Enough of that. I'm no Bob Ross with his happy little bushes, but I think you get the point.

Last night I finished a portrait of my friend and posted it on her FB page.

Edit: My friend graciously said I could share her painting. :)


A few hours later, when I checked my FB, I was shocked to see that I had over 40 "likes" and lots of positive comments. That may sound like a small number to some of you, but my pictures don't usually get more than half that.

Of course, I'm not kidding myself. I know the amount of comments is due to my friend having lots of friends who like the picture of her, but gosh, I can't deny that it feels darn good. lol Hey, can't I enjoy a little ego stroking every once in a while? ;)

Livin' like a boss. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers