Sunday, September 23, 2012

What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?

So, next on the burner is this random dryad-ish sketch. I wanted to add another picture to my Fall postcard series.

I was sitting at my computer wondering what would make a nice postcard. Naturally, I went with some rich Fall colors balanced with a gray-ish plum. (Look at me acting like I know what I'm doing... pshaw!) I just started sketching a tree, and then I was like, "Let's throw in a pretty woman!" From there it quickly went from pretty woman + tree to dryad magically turning the leaves' colors. Of course, I've just started, but it's been fun to paint so far.

3 comments:

  1. Ooo...can't wait to see the final.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had an influx of commissions. So, it's temporarily on the back burner.

      Delete

Followers