Tuesday, October 2, 2012

More pictures, less talk

Before I share my latest art piece, let me say that I accomplished much today. The house got a thorough cleaning-- not because I'm super wife, but because I couldn't find my favorite shoes. Yeah, that's sad, I know. But I picked up toys, moved furniture, vacuumed, and scrubbed dusty walls until I found them underneath my husband's laptop case...

...in the living room. Sometimes I amaze myself.


I'm kind of addicted to painting these paper cut out pieces: 



Today I started wondering if I could make something in this style that adults would like, too. So, in the Halloween spirit, I did this:


I really like it. I want to make a companion painting for it-- maybe a dapper dude in a tux with a top hat or Phantom-of-the-Opera kind of mask. What do you think?


3 comments:

  1. I do like the lady in the red dress, definitely make a companion piece to match, the dapper-dude needs a monocle though. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the monocle idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that..

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Followers