Friday, October 5, 2012

On the Burner...

Here's what's cookin' on the burner this week:

I worked on it for about an hour last night. It's the companion piece to this:


It was really fun to paint and coming together quickly. I made this little square brush with rounded corners and slightly softened edges. It paints really nicely and reminds me more of oil painting. And thank goodness, because I'm having some oil painting withdrawals! 

I don't oil paint much (okay, like almost never) because it's such a pain in the rear to get all of my supplies out and then put them back away again. I mean, set up and clean up time are at least 30 to 45 minutes, whereas it takes me 2 min to paint digitally!

Still, I miss the way that oils blend and the beautiful look they give a painting. I'm going to have to take time to do some more oil painting I guess. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so life-like....can't wait to see the final. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been really fun to paint so far!

      Delete

Followers