Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Deep Thoughts

Progress! That's right, we're cutting to the chase. Here's a continuation of my nutcracker piece. I have a long way to go, but the more I work on it, the more ideas I have. It's supposed to be a nutcracker and a wooden doll exchanging presents in front of the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. Sickeningly sweet, I know. But that's how I love my paintings! I'm really not sure where I'm going with the composition and color scheme. I anticipate lots changes as I go. Still, it's been a fun painting to work on in between commissions. :)

It's not exactly been an awesome day for me today. I woke up to find out all three of my kids have the stomach flu--the kind involving both ends of the body. Yes, I will spare you anymore details. 

Then I got a text at work saying my cousin passed away unexpectedly. So young. Too young. And left behind young children. 

This is the third death on that side of my family in a year. When I worked at the nursing home, they said that deaths come in three's. I saw that happen a lot. I sure hope we're done. 

I went for some "retail therapy" mainly because I needed to stay busy and keep myself from losing it so I could finish the work day. I found myself angrily wondering, "Why do they keep dying? Are we cursed?" And here is where my Christian upbringing kicks in. It's not for me to ask why. It's not for me to understand. All I can do is ask for His comfort, cry on His shoulder, and trust that somehow... somehow this all works for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose.

That's a little hard to type. Not because I don't believe it, but because I don't understand it. In the end, I guess I'll never understand it all. I just have to believe it--throw out my reasoning, close my eyes, and trust in God. 

That's called faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers