Monday, November 19, 2012

Remember the Twinkies! And Other Pitiful Events...

Not gonna lie. It's not all Twinkies and Roses over here. Actually, it's not Twinkies at all, but that's a whole other rant. ;)


I had one of those moments yesterday where I questioned what I'm doing with my life. Some of you probably know what I'm talking about. I was like, "I'm an artist. Why am I not painting? Why am I not making a living with my art? What's the point in having this ability if I'm not going to do anything with it?"

This was followed by a questioning-my-parenting-skills moment. "What kind of mom am I? I spend all my time at work! Who's raising my kids?? The public school system!"

Just in case you wanted to know, the turn out to my pity party was poor. 


I'm still feeling frustrated today, but at least I realize that my life is of my own makings. I need to put more time and effort into my art. I sense a New Year's Resolution coming... "For this next year, I will live off my art and spend more time with my kids." Read: Homeless, with the children standing on the streets selling art prints in front of Walmart. lol

So, what did I paint this week? (Yes, I did actually paint.) Well, you know me. I love to start stuff, and I was in the holiday spirit. First, a quick Thanksgiving picture.


And second, an unfinished holiday sketch of a nutcracker and cute doll. Well, she will be cute at some point. And that little mass of colors at the top is supposedly my pallet, but honestly they look pretty random. I think I need to come up with a better pallet...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers